Saturday, August 19, 2006

THE BURNING DON'T BURN ANYMORE


The Burning Don't Burn Anymore
(For Female)
by David Burkhart



Last night you had me burning
You almost got what you wanted
You came on, said your thought was pure
But now the burning don't burn anymore
I met someone in the ladies lounge
And she told me all about you
She said you left her heart so sore
Now the burning don't burn anymore

The burning don't burn anymore
I found you out and saw your game
You tried to get what you wanted
But you'll never ruin my name

I guess I've been kinda lucky
No man's ever ruined my mind
I've still got what all men deplore
And the burning don't burn anymore
Yes, I've still got all of my pride
So far I've been too smart for men
Yes, pride in a girl they deplore
And my burning don't burn anymore

(c) 1986 Dave Burkhart

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home